I feel like its very retro of me, but even as a vegan, I’ve always had a soft spot for Egg salad Sandwiches.
Call me old fashioned.
So why if I make my tofu scramble, and it tastes just as good if not better, couldn’t I do a similar thing to this delicious lunch time classic… sans smelly aftereffects.
So, this was a quick, simple and dirty recipe that came to life in 10 minutes and the convenience of it all was too good not to share.
SO wether its school lunch, or your picnic, give this one a whirl. Its what little tea sandwich dreams are made of, but with all the good stuff!
- 1 block Frim Tofu
- 1/4 cup Veganaise
- 2 Tbls Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 medium Cucumber chopped into cubes
- Himalayan Salt
- Fresh Dill
- Pepper and or/paprika to garnish
- Crumble your tofu into small pieces, resembling how your would scramble your eggs
- Stir in your remaining ingredients with the exception of salt and dill
- Add in salt and dill as needed, everyone has their preferences. Himalayan pink salt really brings out a beautiful flavour.
- Now add to your bun, and lovely baguette is nice, or to a salad.Pickle on the Side, extra cukes on top. Pepper, Nosh, and enjoy