There are a million green smoothies on the market. Who needs one more? I do
I wanted an option banana less. No, bananas are not bad for you. No, they are not too high in sugar. But did I want a less sweet and carbohydrate dense option, ya which focus on fats, superfoods and greens.
This nutrient rich plant based option that is going to set your cells alive. Let me walk you through a few reasons why…
- Spirulina: to add cleansing, protein and phytonutrients.
- Coconut meat: to add that rich dense texture in place of banana but with a whole new host of benefits and fats.
- Spinach: Is my favourite green. Fibre, iron, palatable sweetnesss
- Matcha to stimulate the metabolic fire and promote clarity of thought.
- Coconut oil for all the things coconut oil does for us… too many to name.
- Cordyceps: Adaptogen magic to repair fatigue and promote a healthy immune system and nervous system
- Dates: to add that sweetness of life we all are looking for. Believe me, its a thing.
Blend and adjust to thickness. I like it thick and rich, of you want to thin it out, be my guest. 🙂
peace love and greens
1 cup frozen spinach
1 tsp spirulina
1/2 coconut meat
1.5-2 cups almond milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tsp matcha
Vanilla protein optional or vanilla powder or extract
1 tsp cordyceps and other superfoods Optional