I love creating a challenge for myself, and it’s no surprise that getting getting people to eat more nutrient dense greens food, regardless of their palette, is high on my list. It ain’t easy being green..but it is so worth it. My target for todays purposes: could be anyone from kids, picky eaters, to kids at heart. But if I know one thing is true…it is that we
So, I am newly obsessed with a relaunch of an old product that packs so much health into a convenient supplement. But are there more ways than adding it to your smoothie? We are going to find out.
Remember Greens +? Ya, so they are back, and have come out with a new formula, this is a Vegan Greens + O (the O is for organic…which you now how I feel about this) The convenience of packing in over 23 phytonutrients and vegetables in one small scoop is quite frankly very appealing, for so many people that are not eating a more balanced diet, and for the ones that are, the more the merrier.
But really, let’s get back to the chocolate. I mean, what if you could get your kids to eat 23 vegetables in one spread of the spoon? Or a busy adult that has not time for health and all the time for quick indulgences…well I rest my case.
I want to look at healthy whole foods as fun, sexy, and appealing, why shouldn’t they be?! We deserve to wear our bodies well, and thrive, that means indulging our tastebuds too!!
SO I wanted to create a recipe that could pack all the goods into a hidden little gem in hopes of alluring a few new audience members and satisfy the already green ones. Voila.
Here’s a bit more of why I love this new product and the low down on this…you know, in case I didn’t sell you on the nutella part 😉
- They have take out the major allergens you know the wheat, corn, soy, dairy… hence the VEGAN!
- They have added in some incredible new superfoods, spirulina, chia to name a few
- They have improved bioavailability. This is what makes you absorb your nutrients, because you aren’t necessarily what you eat but what you absorb and truth a lot of people have a hard time digesting their greens and veggies
- Oh the organic. Yeah, as a nutritionist, I believe in the power of natural whole foods. This means getting as much of the spectrum of foods as possible in its most purest form. A pill is not going to give you health, but natural food sources are definitely going to help you get there
K, so this isn’t going to taste just like nutella. Its a deeper and richer taste of cacao and is firm in the fridge rather than more spreadable. But to be honest, I like it just as much. and I hope you do too!
makes one jar
you’ll need: a food processor
- 2 cups hazelnut
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3 Tbls Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Cacao Butter
- 3 scoops Vegan GREENS + O powder
- himalayan salt
1.Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. YOu want to lightly roast your Hazelnuts. SPread out in a pan and toast for about 15-20 minutes.
2. Place your roasted hazelnuts in your food processor. This is a waiting game. It goes through many stages and can take upwards of 10 minutes even, but it will eventually turn from crumbles to ooey gooey nut butter heaven. Once it gets there.
3. Add in your goods. I recommend alternating dry and wet as you go. to incorporate into a velvetty butter without clumps. Best to use the coconut oil as soft, and not melted.
4. Add a few cracks of himalayan salt.
5. Jar that bad boy up and I dare you not to eat spoonfuls.
6. Smear and serve